Advanced Project Management is a new four-part course series created to cover the entire domain of project management, including both practical and purely theoretical areas. The workshop will cover all aspects of project Execution, Monitoring, Control and Close-Out. Expect to see a lot of tricks, tips, “guerrilla warfare” tactics, exercises, case studies and fun historical examples. Completion of all 4 courses earns you 13 PDUs that may be applied to PMP certification/re-certification requirements. If you have any questions contact the instructor directly.
Who is the target audience?
Anyone who wants to achieve professional level understanding of project management.
What Will I Learn?
- Understand why do a “Lessons Learned” document
- Have a thorough understanding of Project Initiation
- Understand the current state of the project management industry
- Recognize the responsibilities of the project manager
- Learn key project management terms
- Understand project phases and project management knowledge domains
- Learn the key ingredients into the Project Charter
- Appreciate the concept of "project management triangle" and "project management pentagon"
- Understand how to measure project feasibility (domain of project portfolio management)
- Includes a review of several real Project Charter documents from various industries
- Recognize the importance of stakeholder walkthroughs, technical team inspections and peer reviews
- Learn about dangerous words that should be weeded out of the requirements documents
- Understand work breakdown structures (WBS) and Network Diagrams
- Learn about Wide-Band Delphi estimation technique
- Appreciate the concept of the cost baseline
- Understand how to conduct a bottom up estimation
- NOTE: Includes a review of several real Requirements Specifications documents from various industries
- Understand measurability and how to impose it properly
- Recognize the importance of performance reporting
- Learn about Quality Planning, Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Understand different organizational structures
- Learn about the project “guerilla tactics”?
- Appreciate the concept of management by waking around
- Understand typical project risks and what to do about them
- Understand different contract types are used in outsourcing on projects
- NOTE: Includes a review of a typical Project Plan template
- Understand how to conduct the kick-off meeting
- Recognize the importance of meeting minutes
- Learn about conflict resolution and dealing with difficult people
- Understand how to deal with scope changes (scope creep)
- Learn about Earned Value methodology
- Appreciate is the impact of scope changes
- Understand risk management
This course is an introduction to project management, no prior knowledge is required.