These are guidelines to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
Although Thinktank Consulting, Inc. do not routinely screen or monitor content provided by users, we may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the services.
You are prohibited from using our services to share content that:
- Contains or promotes illegal content and/orillegal activities.
- Contains threats to people or public violence.
- Creates a risk of physical injury or property damage.
- Threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harasses others, such as inappropriate comments directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
- Violates the term of use.
You also aren't allowed to:
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user's account.
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, corrupt with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Thinktank Consulting, Inc. respects the intellectual property rights of third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the services. Thinktank Consulting, Inc. reserves the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
The Copyright Act of 1985 provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under Canada’s copyright law. If you would like to read theCopyright Act of 1985, please visit the Justice Laws website at http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/PDF/C-42.pdf
If you believe in good faith that materials on the services infringe your copyright, you may send us a notice (email: email@example.com)requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked. It is at all time appropriate that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice for appropriate legal measurements.
The notice must include the following information:
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow to locate the material on the services;
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Thinktank Consulting, Inc. also respects the trademark rights of others. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark in an infringing way on our Services, please email us at (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will review your complaint. Accounts with any other content that misrepresents others or violates another's trademark may be updated, suspended, disabled, or terminated by Thinktank Consulting, Inc. in its sole discretion. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual’s account.
Please read these Terms carefully, and Contact us (@) if you have any questions. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms, including the policies referenced in these Terms.
You may use our Services only if you can form a binding contract with Thinktank Consulting, Inc.and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Thinktank Consulting, Inc. account, you must provide us with updated, accurate and complete information. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited, and certain courses may have additional requirements and/or restrictions.
Thinktank Consulting, Inc. grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our services. Using our services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our services or the content you access. You may download content from our courses only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain Thinktank's written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, and you will not share with any third-party access to or access information for your account.
Ownership and Usage
Thinktank Consulting, Inc.has Copyright© of all text, images, audio or visual recordings or web code on its website and in all publications and course content, unless otherwise indicated.
Thinktank Consulting, Inc.respects the intellectual property rights of our users, participating institutions, and other third-parties and expects our users to do the same when using the services.
Modifications to terms and conditions
Thinktank Consulting, Inc.may add to or remove, modify or otherwise change any part of the Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes will be effective when the changed Terms and Conditions are posted on this Site. If any change to the Terms and Conditions is not acceptable to you, you should discontinue your use of our services immediately. Thinktank Consulting, Inc.reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course or to modify any course content or the point value or weight of any cases, quizzes, or other assessments. Your continued use of our services after changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted immediately constitutes acceptance of the changes.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. Accordingly, Thinktank Consulting, Inc.may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy.
None of Thinktank Consulting, Inc., its participating institutions and instructors, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents (the "Thinktank Consulting, Inc.Parties") shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time, although we'll be sorry to see you go.
The services enable you to share your content, such as case studies, posts you make in the forums, and with Thinktank Consulting, Inc.instructor, and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you share.
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant Thinktank Consulting, Inc.a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. This license includes granting Thinktank Consulting, Inc.the right to authorize participating institutions to use User Content with their registered students independent of the Services. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Thinktank Consulting, Inc.may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the services. By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, Thinktank Consulting, Inc.does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Coursera, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, Thinktank Consulting, Inc.cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by emailing (email@example.com)
Third Party Content
Thinktank Consulting, Inc. disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of third-party content. As you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third-parties. Thinktank Consulting, Inc.cannot guarantee that such third-party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein.
Records of your participation in courses, chat rooms, and any other media channel may be used for education development purposes. Therefore, you may be exposed to variations in the course content. Your personal identity will not be publicly disclosed in any research findings without your express consent.
Thinktank Consulting, Inc.offers paid services (e.g., Case courses) for a fee.Thinktank Consulting, Inc.reserves the right to change any fees at any time at its sole discretion. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars, added the applicable taxes if required. Fees may vary based on your location and other factors, and any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting through the relevant services. Refunds may be available for paid Services as described in our Refund Policy.
The services and all included content are provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. The Thinktank Consulting, Inc. parties disclaim any and all liability related to your access or use of the services or any related content. You acknowledge and agree that any access to or use of the services or such content is at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
The Thinktank Consulting, Inc.parties shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, to the maximum extent permitted by law resulting from:
- Your access to or use of or inability to access or use the services;
- Any conduct or content of any party other than the applicable Thinktank Consulting, Inc.party, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct;
- Unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your content or information.
- In no event shall Thinktank Consulting, Inc.aggregate liability for all claims related to the services exceed twenty U.S. dollars ($20) or the total amount of fees received by Thinktank Consulting, Inc. from you for the use of paid services during the past six months, whichever is greater.
You agree that any cause of action related to the services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Thinktank Consulting, Inc.Parties from all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, made by any third party related to:
- Your use or attempted use of the services in violation of these Terms;
- Your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or
- User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
Revisions to the Terms
Thinktank Consulting, Inc. reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
If it turns out that a provision of these Terms is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as acting in the future).
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Effective as of June , 2017.